Treating Chronic Pain Without Opioids (Web Based)
Course Number: WB2859
This module will look at the CDC recommended options for treating chronic pain without opioids. You will have the opportunity to examine the benefits and expected outcomes of prescribing nonopioid medications and nonpharmacologic treatments to your patients. You will also be presented with multiple choice knowledge checks to test your mastery of the content.
Please refer to the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain for additional information as needed during this training.
• Nonopioid medications and nonpharmacologic treatment methods preferred for treating chronic pain
• Communication techniques that facilitate a patient-centered approach to manage chronic pain
• Risks and benefits of first-line treatments for chronic pain
• Nonopioid medications for various types of chronic pain
• Nonpharmacologic treatment options for various types of chronic pain
TARGET AUDIENCE: The following training is targeted towards physicians, registered nurses, and other professionals.
MATERIALS: Computer hardware, Internet connection, Browser
ADDITIONAL INFO: The CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain can be accessed at: