Work-related asthma: Number of cases by ascertainment source and state, 1993-2002
- indicates no cases reported.
* Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Jersey actively solicit reports from health care professionals; California uses an existing administrative data source to passively identify health care professional reports of work-related asthma.
† Some cases have been identified through death certificates, self reports, or reports from the Mine Safety and Health Administration or Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Note: Percentages may not sum to 100% due to rounding. Hospital data may include hospital discharge data and emergency department visit data. See Appendix for information about data source and methods.
Source: Provisional Sentinel Event Notification Systems for Occupational Risks surveillance data as of September 2006, reported by R Harrison and J Flattery (California); L Davis, E Pechter, and M Sharma (Massachusetts); K Rosenman, MJ Reilly, and D Kalinowski (Michigan); and D Valiante, D Schill, and K McGreevy (New Jersey).
Reference Number: 2007T09-04
Date Posted: June 2008
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: (888) 232-6348
24 Hours/Every Day